Every one in India or abroad just waited for the most thrilled and mysterious upcoming movie 2.0. It was said that movie has a full of surprises and it is very special to Indian films lovers. Here we are sharing some interesting points of 2.0 that will help you to imagine more.
- According to a report by International Business Times, this movie features Akshay Kumar in an antagonist’s role. More than Rajinikanth, who is reprising his previous avatar of ‘Chitti’ the robot, it is Kumar’s character which has been creating buzz. The actor will be seen with long nails, hairy and fuzzy eyebrows, and fiery eyes.
- Arnold has been signed on for the antagonist’s role. We hear the director is confident that the huge investment will be recovered and that Arnold’s presence will add to the film’s reach in the international markets. Can we expect a combat between our Terminator and Robot? *fingers crossed*
- When asked whether more sequels are in pipeline, director Shankar said that since the genre is sci-fi, many parts of the film can be made. Rajinikanth said that 2.0 has the kind of VFX that will match the Hollywood standards.
- It is one of the most expensive films of all time, surpassing Baahubali which was reportedly made in a budget of Rs 150 crore. 2.0 is touted to be being made on a massive budget of Rs 350 crore. According to a report by Indian Express, it was one of the toughest films to compose music for music maestro AR Rahman. He said that with 2.0’s music he is “trying to create something unique for India and the world”.It was also revealed that Akshay Kumar was not the first choice.
- There were many actors — national and international — who were considered for the role. Apparently, Kamal Haasan, Aamir Khan, Vikram, Hrithik Roshan, Neil Nitin Mukesh and even Arnold Schwarzenegger were approached for the role. But somehow, things didn’t work out with any of them and Akshay gave a nod without any wait.
- The makers will bring out the best of superstar Rajinikanth. They are planning to use motion capture technology to shoot some of the important portions of the Tamil film. Motion capture technology was earlier used in Rajinikanth’s animated film Kochadaiiyaan
- Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan has also been roped in to play a pivotal role. Amitabh and Rajini have shared screen space in several films. They were last seen together in 1985 film Geraftaar.
- Sean Foot of the Avatar fame has been roped in for make-up in 2.0. Kenny Bates, who did the action sequences for Transformers is also a part of the project. The VFX is being done by a team which has likes of John Hughes and Walt, who have done the VFX for films like Life of Pi, 300 and Percy Jackson.
- Film editor Anthony said that 2.0 is 10 times challenging than Enthiran and he had to wear 3D glasses while editing.