Dogs are the lovable creature of nature that have all qualities to stay with humans. Dogs are good friends and loyal to their caretaker, they also understand the feeling of humans and take care of them. Here we are sharing some interesting facts about dogs that are helpful for you to make your life happier with the nice friend.
There are more than 150 dog breeds, divided into 8 classes: sporting, hound, working, terrier, toy, non-sporting, herding, and miscellaneous.
- Ancient Egyptians revered their dogs. When a pet dog would die, the owners shaved off their eyebrows, smeared mud in their hair, and mourned aloud for days.
- The most dogs ever owned by one person were 5,000 Mastiffs owned by Kublai Khan
- Puppies are sometimes rejected by their mother if they are born by cesarean and cleaned up before being given back to her
- When a puppy is born, he is blind, deaf, and toothless.
- Puppies love games such as hide and seek! Hide, then call your pup’s name so she can try to find you.
- If you leave your dog a piece of clothing that smells like you, the scent will comfort them and it can help curb their separation anxiety.
- The Basenji is the only breed of dog that can’t bark, but they can yodel!
- Dogs’ sense of smell is 10,000 times stronger than humans’.
- In a study done by scholars at the University of California, it was found that dogs can get jealous if they see their humans displaying affection toward something or someone else.
- When your dog spins in a circle before settling down to snuggle, it’s because he’s making himself at home! This is a nesting trait carried down from your dog’s wilder ancestors.
- The shape of a dog’s face suggests how long it will live. Dogs with sharp, pointed faces that look more like wolves typically live longer. Dogs with very flat faces, such as bulldogs, often have shorter lives.
- At the end of WWI, the German government trained the first guide dogs for war-blinded soldiers.