Hair is a beauty asset that everyone likes to flaunt. People suffer from a wide range of hair problems in which split ends is one. It seems like the end of the hair as we know it. They make the hair look frizzy and uneven. Especially when you are going to some event, split ends make any hairdo look untidy. Due to deficiency of moisture or protein, the hair might look untidy and lead to split ends. This problem can lower the confidence of men and women. But with some simple home remedies, one can effectively get rid of split ends.
Causes of Split End
- Exposure of hair to excessive heat, dust and pollution
- Over-washing your tresses
- Excessive use of hair-styling products like straighteners, curlers and chemical products like serums, sprays and dry shampoos
- Irregular oiling of hair
- Washing your hair with hot water
- Not getting your hair trimmed regularly
- Chemical treatments including perming and hair coloring
- Exposure to hard water including chlorinated swimming pools
Home Remedies for Split Ends
Home remedies are always easy and cheaper than other alternatives. The products come with an expensive tag and are not very effective in get rid of split ends completely. Home remedies offer a fast solution to stop split ends from occurring without cutting. Home remedies not only treat but also naturally cure the split ends with regular use. The only stuff you need is easily available at home. There is no need to spend a lot of money for collecting the items. The best part about home remedies is that they don’t leave any side effects behind.
- Olive oil
Olive oil is one of the best home remedies, heat the oil and massage on your scalp. Keep it for an hour before washing it off with water.
- Almond oilHeat almond oil and mix coconut oil in it. Massage on the scalp. Keep it on for an hour before washing off.
- Egg maskMix one egg, one teaspoon of honey and three teaspoons of olive oil together. Keep this mask on for half an hour before washing it off with shampoo.
- PapayaMix yoghurt and ripe papaya together to get a thick consistency. Apply it to a pack and let it dry for half an hour. Wash it off with cold water and gentle shampoo.
- HoneyMix honey and curd and apply to the hair ends. After keeping it on for half an hour, wash off with a mild shampoo.