The International Day for Monuments and Sites (World Heritage Day) is celebrated on 18 April worldwide. The day is popular as it signifies the identity of a nation. It aims to bring global attention to the need to conserve monuments and sites as our cultural heritage.
Its establishment was approved by the 22nd UNESCO General Conference in 1983. The day teaches us to protect the diversity of cultural heritage of which our world is blessed with.
Why World Heritage Day is important?
This day offers an opportunity to show efforts that are required to protect and conserve it. Each year, there’s a different theme that’s selected to mark this day. The day aims to educate people about protection, preservation and propagation of world heritage sites as these are invaluable assets for humankind.
Whether it’s the Great Wall of China that can be seen from the moon, or the Taj Mahal that was built as a symbol of love, or the ruins of Machu Picchu holding the glorious history of the Incas or the Great Barrier Reef holding the treasures of the underwater world – each one of them have something special to offer.
Today, we are going to share the latest trending World Heritage Day Slogans, Wishes, Quotes that will show you why conserving heritage is important!
* “On this International World Heritage Day, it will be the fine idea to share some quotes, images, theme, wishes, slogans, the status only to honor this day.
Lost in Space is played on television somewhere in the world every day. It’s been a cult show.” – Mark Goddard quotes
* “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” Pericles
* “Memory is the treasure-house of the mind wherein the monuments there of are kept and preserved.” Thomas Fuller
* “Monuments! what are they? the very pyramids have forgotten their builders, or to whom they were dedicated. Deeds, not stones, are the true monuments of the great. John Lothrop Motley
* “Let’s vow to preserve our heritage — the priceless treasure of our illustrious history & culture.”
* “Let’s join hands to raise public awareness about the religion for mankind & make efforts to eradicate evils all around.”
* “A concerted effort to preserve our heritage is a vital link to our cultural, educational, aesthetic, inspirational and economic legacies – all of the things that quite literally make us who we are.”
How are you going to celebrate this day? Tell us in the comments section below!