Indian scientists and inventors have been successfully established in many different areas. Not in terms of population, India is also teeming with creativity, talent and innovation. Today, Awaaz Nation brings you those inventions by Indians which will make every Indian super proud.
Out of more than 1000 inventions we have made a list of 13 inventions by Indians which will inspire you to innovate.
Have a look….
1. You will be shocked to know that Yoga has its origins in India. It has existed for over 5,000 years that is why Rishikesh in India is known as “Yoga capital of the world.”
2. Buttons were first used in Mohenjodaro (Indus Valley civilization) for ornamental purpose.
3. Measuring Instruments and Weights were also introduced by Indians in Indus valley civilization. Rulers were first used by them prior to 1500 BCE. Rulers were found during excavation which reveal the accuracy of decimal subdivisions on it.
4. Many games like chess which is also known as Chaturanga, Snakes and Ladders (Saanp Seedhi), Ludo ,Kabaddi were invented in India.
5. Charaka, The Father of Medicine is credited to be the main contributor to the science of Ayurveda. It is the earliest school of medicine ever known to mankind.
6. Aryabhatta invented “zero” without which there is no binary code and computers.
7. Indians developed concept of algebra, geometry, trigonometry and calculus. Its evidence can also be found.
8. Cotton was first cultivated by Indians only. The inhabitants of the Indus Valley Civilization by the 5th millennium BCE – 4th millennium BCE used to cultivate cotton.
9. The game of cards which is very popular originated from India & was known as Krida-patram.
10. The concept of Pi and an approximate value was discovered by an Indian only. Budhayana devised the concept of Pythagorean theorem.
11. Chemistry professor Rajagopalan Vasudevan innovation is helping turn India’s trash into a useful resource. He is also known as “Plastic Man,” as he found a way to use old
plastic to lay roads that last longer. Source
12. DDB India, a marketing company and the nonprofit Aarambh invented cardboard boxes which could be transformed into desks. It costs only 20 rupees to produce and the cardboard desk doubles as a school bag.
13. Mas Subramanian and his team created a new blue that has been described as “near perfect” while testing the electronic properties of manganese oxide. It is a mix of Yttrium, Indium, Manganese and is safe to produce.
Watch Video To Know More:
Do not forget to tell us your favorites from the above list, and add any invention that you see missing.