Born on 3 August 1886 in Chirgaon, a small town which is 35 kilometers away from Jhansi, little people know about the personal life of Maithilisaran Gupta.
He was a romanticist, revolutionary, philosopher and humanist. Gupt . He became a poet of our country because he became the language of our consciousness, our conversation, our movements.
Gupt was one of the most important modern Hindi poets. Today, It’s the birth anniversary of Rashtra Kavi – Maithilisharan Gupt and in honor of the day, Awaaz Nation is going to tell you some interesting things related to his life.
Some facts we must know about Hindi poetry wiz:-
* Gupt entered the world of Hindi literature by writing poems in various magazines, including Saraswati
* In 1910, his first major work, Rang mein Bhang was published by Indian Press
* With Bharat Bharati, his nationalist poems became popular among Indians, who were struggling for independence.
* Most of his poems revolve around plots from Ramayana, Mahabharata, Buddhist stories and the lives of famous religious leaders
* For his book Bharat-Bharati (1912), widely quoted during India’s freedom struggle, he was given the title of Rashtra Kavi by Mahatma Gandhi.
* His famous work Saket revolves around Urmila, wife of Lakshmana, from Ramayana, while some of his works include: Yashodhara, which revolves around Yashodhara, the wife of Gautama Buddha
* After India became independent in 1947, he was also made an honorary member of the Rajya Sabha, where he used poetry to put his opinions before the other members.
* He was a recipient of the third highest (then second highest) Indian civilian honour of Padma Bhushan in the year 1954.
Major works Poetry:-
Rang mein Bhang
Plassey ka Yuddha
Here’s How Nation Is Remembering People’s Poet On His
— Mintage World (@MintageWorld) August 3, 2018
— Ram Arya (@aryaraju) August 3, 2018
“राम तेरा चरित स्वयम ही एक काव्य है।
कोई कवि बन जाय ये सहज संभव है।।”
& a poet who has compiled numerous poems like this- Maithili Sharan Gupt.. Famous Hindi Poet.!!
Remembering him on his Birthday Anniversary..!!!#MaithiliSharanGupt #poetry pic.twitter.com/VVski8BQTF
— Abhijeet Bonde (@Abhi_Bonde) August 3, 2018
नर हो, न निराश करो मन को
कुछ काम करो, कुछ काम करो
जग में रह कर कुछ नाम करो
यह जन्म हुआ किस अर्थ अहो
समझो जिसमें यह व्यर्थ न हो
कुछ तो उपयुक्त करो तन को
नर हो, न निराश करो मन को।
— Vivek Kr. Srivastava 😊 (@VK_SRIVASTAV) April 8, 2018
“जो भरा नहीं है भावों से जिसमें बहती रसधार नहीं,
वह हृदय नहीं है पत्थर है, जिसमें स्वदेश का प्यार नहीं”
— Quint Hindi (@QuintHindi) August 3, 2018
Awaaz Nation pays tribute to the great poet of India on his birth anniversary.
Stay connected with Awaaznation for all updates!