If you are planning a trip to the Netherlands, make sure you get to know the country a little bit more by reading these 11 fascinating facts.
These interesting facts about Netherlands will make you pack your bags and plan a trip.
Have a look…
1. The Netherlands was the first country to legalize same-sex marriage. An interesting facts, isn’t it?
2. In United Nations World Happiness Report of 2013, the Netherlands was ranked fourth happiest country in the world.
3. Men from the Netherlands are the world’s tallest as the average Dutchman is 6ft tall.
4. The Netherlands has 17 million people and 18 million bicycles.
5. People of Netherlands are the largest consumers of licorice(They also call it drop) in the world.
6. Keukenhof is also known as the Garden of Europe as it is one of the world’s largest flower gardens, situated in Lisse, Netherlands. You must visit it in spring!
7. In Dutch there are many ways of saying hello & goodbye. They say hello to each other with three kisses on the cheek. Wow!
8. The country is one of the largest exporters of tulips in the world.
9. Did you know that 70% of the world’s bacon comes from Netherlands? We bet you did not!
10. In Netherlands french fries dipped in mayonnaise is one of the popular snacks. This is their all time favorite snack.
11. Another shocking fact is that Amsterdam has total 1,281 bridges.
Did you like these rare facts? Tell us in the comment section!