Today Shahid Kapoor celebrated his 36th birthday today. Let us know about very interesting facts about his most successful blockbuster jab we met.
The 2007 film Jab We Met needs no introduction. Directed by Imtiaz Ali, Shahid Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor Khan’s last film together as a couple released to immense love from audience and critics alike. The story revolves around Aditya (Shahid Kapoor) who has lost all hope in life, and Geet (Kareena Kapoor Khan), a bubbly, chatty girl who lives her life to the fullest. The two meet on a train journey, which changes their lives forever.
Hidden Facts Of Jab We Met
- Imtiaz Ali initially wanted to cast Bobby Deol and Ayesha Takia as the main leads.
- The producers had first signed Bobby Deol in 2005.
- Kareena Kapoor, who was Imtiaz’s first choice, told the producers she would sign the film only if they replaced Bobby Deol with her then boyfriend Shahid Kapoor. The producers agreed and replaced Bobby Deol without even informing him.
- Imtiaz Ali only settled on Shahid Kapoor for the role of Aditya after meeting him, as he previously viewed him as a “forgettable actor”.
- The number of prints for the film across India was increased in its fourth week of release due to popular demand and the lower-than-expected performance of Saawariya.
- The title of the film was decided by a popular vote. The other choices were Punjab Mail and Ishq Via Bathinda.
- The option Jab We Met was suggested by Shahid’s father, Pankaj Kapur.
- The film won Imtiaz Ali his only Filmfare Award for Best Dialogue.
- Hotel Decent’s receptionist was played by the film’s art director, Teddy Maurya, whose brother was supposed to play the scene but couldn’t make it for the shoot.
- The character of Geet was based on a talkative girl who Imtiaz Ali met on a bus in Delhi.
- Dara Singh wasn’t very comfortable saying the words, “Mumbai mein toh nangi ghoomti hogi” to Kareena during that scene.
- Geet’s character made Anushka Sharma want to seriously pursue acting.
- The Ratlam scenes were never shot in Ratlam. The scenes were shot in Lonavla, Shimla and Manali.
- Most people on the set hated the song “Aaoge Jab Tum” because they thought it didn’t fit with the youthful tone of the film.
- According to Imtiaz, the final kiss was apparently the most difficult scene to shoot because there was a honeycomb filled with bees right above Kareena’s head, some of which had already bitten some of the crew.
- The film was remade in Tamil in 2009 as the film Kandhen Kadhalai, starring Tamannaah as Geet.
- Shahid Kapoor travelled in Mumbai’s local trains to promote the film.
- The opening lines of Singh is Kinng’s hit song “Teri Ore” were actually a part of Jab We Met’s “Tum Se Hi” before they got rejected.