Our article features some lesser known facts on the Minister of External Affairs, Sushma Swaraj.
Sushma Swaraj is one of the most helpful leaders and has made all of us felt that she exist and exist to do good for others. Sushma swraj was born in 1952 and celebrates her birthday on 14 February. She has been the saviour of thousands of nationals stuck overseas and various parts of the world.
Here are some amazing and interesting facts about Sushma Swaraj that will make you love her even more.
Have a look…
1. She was Sushma Sharma before her marriage to Swaraj Kaushal. During the times of Emergency, she married Swaraj Kaushal on 13, July, 1973.
2. She was a former Law student at Punjab University and has practiced as an advocate of The Supreme Court of India.
3. In 1979, Sushma became the state president of the BJP in Haryana and youngest Haryana minister at the age of 25 years.
4. Swaraj was also the first woman spokesperson for any political party in India.
5. She is blessed with a daughter Bansuri, who is an Oxford graduate.
6. Sushma became the first woman chief minister of Delhi in 1998.
7. Did you know Sushma has been a state-level champion of the best Hindi Speaker competition for three consecutive year?
8. Another interesting fact is that her father Hardev Sharma was also an RSS member.
9. Sushma’s political career started with Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) in the 1970s.
10. She is the winner of Outstanding Parliamentarian Award.
Watch: Sushma’s Swaraj Speech At U.N General Assembly
Sushma Swaraj is a great woman and she is definitely an inspiration for all!
If you want to share more facts that are not mentioned here, share them with us in the comments section!