Feminism in India started with a great cause, but with time it changed drastically. And if it doesn’t stop in time, it will cause greater damage than anyone can ever imagine. Do you know where feminism goes wrong?
If a girl, woman is inspired by the FB posts, she considers herself above men. She has a habit of being rude to co-passengers especially men in train and bus. She thinks all men are bad and only women should enjoy their rights. If they hate men simply for being men.
Now this is where Feminism goes wrong in India.
Let’s talk about a video called “My Choice” by Deepika Padukone on Women empowerment.
And I strongly think that the pseudo-feminists are following these norms.
According to Deepika (In the video) :
It’s my choice to have sex outside marriage.
To have sex outside marriage is of course your choice. OK, but do you know sex outside marriage was a crime in India and adultery law was abolished here after a long struggle?
And promoting this as woman empowerment is totally wrong because it mean act just for your personal benefits, you are hurting a couple. I would call it a cheating not feminism.
My choice to love temporarily or to love forever.
Well again, if it your choice then girls should also stop complaining about when they get dumped by boyfriend or husband. When the same happens to them by their male partners, then why they start playing woman victim card? Where is his choice?
Here is what we call women empowerment and real feminism and that’s the need of today’s society.
Remember, Just because we are women or girls, we are not entitled to do anything. And the same goes for the the men.
I think we need more of feminism not feminazism.
– Men right’s activists & men’s rights movement are increasing drastically. Why? First ask yourself and then read below.
– Did women do strikes, protest etc to for adultery law? Why you did not ask that the law must be made gender neutral & woman must also be given punishment for adultery ?
– Have you done any protest, strikes or written any public interest litigation to say that why men are punished for rape? Rape law also should be gender neutral & woman must also be given punishment for rape?
– Why you did not do any protest, strikes to say that laws regarding Sexual Harassment & Stalking must be gender neutral ?
– Why we rarely hear that Indian girl/women has been punished for registering false molestation case, false rape casea fake domestic violence and dowry case against innocent Indian men.Tell me a law which punishes woman for persecuting and implicating man in false case ?
Who can forget Priyanka Chopra
Remember when Priyanka Chopra made the statement- “I don’t need a guy for anything except for children.” Now think this situation in reverse and ask yourself what if a man would have said that? Obviously, he would be slammed massively for being sexist.
The problem isn’t with feminists but the mindset. People think feminism means women > men, but actually it means women = men.
Feminism doesn’t mean-
– Women are superior
– All men are evil
– Women and men are equal in every measure
– All men are oppressive and entitled and deserve hate
– Women are victims
– Women can do no wrong
But the real deal of feminism is :-
– Women should be treated equally with men. Neither superior nor inferior.
– Women are not always right
– Men are not always wrong.
– A housewife does equal work and deserves equal respect
– Our dress doesn’t define who we are, our class and ethics define.
– Women can have toxic mindsets and can promote rape culture too.
– Women can be sexist, violent and hateful.
– Men can be victims too.
Trend of pseudo-feminism is increasing.
Feminism isn’t hated in India or anywhere else but fake feminism, pseudo intellectualism is. Pseudo means fake or not genuine. A pseudo-feminist claims to be a feminist, but his/her ideas are quite different from the true meaning of feminism. It is not about equality but more about revenge.
It is not about equality but more about revenge. Revenge by finding faults in everything men do, making them look bad, judging women for their choices, always playing the victim card, claiming that housewives, moms can’t be feminist. These people are ruining the cause of Feminism.
For ex- A girl in bus calling herself a feminist doesn’t gives seat to 70 years old man who is sick. This is not feminism obviously.
How on earth do you expect another gender to be understanding when you yourself practice otherwise? Something to think about? By The Way Happy International Women’s Day
All Images In The Blog Are Used For Representational Purpose Only.