Television and Bollywood actors Vatsal Sheth (who is currently seen in Sony TV’s Haasil) and Ishita Dutta (who will be seen in Kapil Sharma’s Firangi) walked down the aisle on November 29. The lovebirds got hitched in a close-knit affair at the Iskon Temple (Juhu) in Mumbai with only family and close friends attending it.Earlier today, Vatsal took to Instagram to share the good news with his fans by posting his wedding picture.
The cutest couple of telly land was rumoured to be dating ever since they shared the screen space in Life OK show Rishton Ka Saudagar – Baazigar, but the actress denied dating Vatsal when she was asked in an interview last year.
Here are five things you did not know about the married couple
- Vatsal and Ishita first met on the sets of Rishton Ka Saudagar Baazigar and they instantly hit it off. However, the couple denied dating each other. Vatsal had earlier saved Ishita from a mishap on the sets of Baazigar. It so happened that Ishita’s sari got stuck in a fan and Vatsal saved her in a true Bollywood style. It is said that it was that heroic moment and they fell in love post the incident.
- The couple had kept their relationship under wraps. They could not make it official since the producers of the show made them sign the no dating clause. So, the two maintained they were good friends.
- Vatsal and Ishita used to spend a lot of time together when they were shooting for Rishton Ka Saudagar Baazigar. A leading online portal quoted a source as saying, “Both the actors spend long hours in each other’s vanity vans.”
- The couple earlier flew to Bangkok for a vacation. Times of India quoted a source as saying, “They decided to spend some quality time together and took off on a holiday to Bangkok.” However, when media questioned them about their romantic vacation, the couple refused point-blank.
- On-screen duo Ishita Dutta and Vatsal Seth, who tied the knot today, kept the news of their wedding affair a secret. Looks like the actress, who is on a promotional spree for her upcoming film Firangi (which also stars Kapil Sharma), decided not to use her wedding as a promotional strategy. Though it is her second Bollywood film, it is the first time she is essaying the female lead in a film and certainly, she does not want the focus to shift from her professional life to her personal life.