Bollywood’s Singham Ajay Devgan is celebrating his 49th birthday today. He has done almost all kinds of films in Bollywood, is known for his superb acting depth. Born on April 2, 1969, Ajay Devgan earned a name as an action hero in the industry.
On the special occasion of his birthday today, read these interesting things about him.
* Ajay did Bollywood debut with the film ‘Phool and Kante’. He played the role of Mithun Chakraborty’s childhood in the 1985 film, ‘Pyari Behna’.
* 49-year-old actor Ajay Devgan was conferred the Filmfare Best Debut Award for his film. After that, he did several films like ‘Jigar’, ‘Dilwale’, ‘Suhag’, ‘Nazaj’, ‘Singham’, ‘Golmal’, ‘Golmala Returns’. Ajay Devgan has been conferred the National Award for Best Actor for the film ‘Zakhm’ and ‘The Legend of Bhagat Singh’. Ajay Devgan was also awarded the Filmfare Award for paying a negative role in the film ‘Deewangi’. In 2016, he was awarded prestigious award Padmashree.
* Ajay Devgan’s real name is Vishal Viru Devgan and he kept his name ‘Ajay’ when his mother insisted. He is called by his close friends and family members as ‘Raju’ as his nick name is ‘Raju’.
* Do you know Ajay Devgan holds B.Com Degree? What is more interesting that Ajay does not like to give long interviews. Also Ajay does not like film parties and he is seen very rarely in any Bollywood party. As soon as the work is over, the likes to go home and play with children. In college, Ajay often used to ride two motorcycles together with his friends. His real life scene was filmed in the movie ‘Phool Aur Kante’. Later, they appeared riding on two cars and two horses together.
* Ajay was contacted for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s film ‘Bajirao Mastani’ for the lead role, but he did not agree with the dates and fees and refused the offer.
* Ajay was the director’s first choice for the film ‘Karan Arjun’. Salman Khan’s role in this movie was offered to him. At the same time, he was offered an offer to Shah Rukh Khan in the film ‘Dar’, when Aamir Khan turned it down.
* Ajay kajol met on the set of ‘Halchal’, but he started dating during the shooting of ‘Gundaraj’. Now both have two children Nyasa and Yuga.
Read through the best Ajay Devgan quotes and add them to your own personalized collection.
* “Simply that we are mirroring the trends in society, at any given time smuggling was an issue in the seventies, corruption is an issue today, and we faithfully reflect those issues.”
* “In the industry, you do need some ethics – if one film does well, then thousands get work and money comes back to the industry. I guess the bottomline is, if there are two versions, then the better one will click.”
* “I only want to do better work. That’s the focus of my life.”
* “The difference being that in films, unlike in life, good does always win over evil in the end. There’re so many things I want to do, like become more media savvy. I am too lazy. But I’m making an effort.”
* “You get an image after you act in a film, but it is not necessary that you last long because of that image.”
* “As far as I know, if you take your time, write a good script and make a good film, then give the audience time, they will accept it.”
* “I’m going to keep making films I believe in. Whether I am successful or not is besides the point.”
* “The difference being that in films, unlike in life, good does always win over evil in the end.
We Wish You A Very #HappyBirthdayAjayDevgn