Bob Marley was a legend, a musical prophet who brought the sound of the Third World to the entire world.
Bob Marley who died at very young age, continues to inspire with its lyrics and words, through his music as well as in recorded concerts and interviews. Marley was a great man who lived a very spiritual life of his own. Want to know more interesting trivia about Bob Marley?
6 February 2018 is his 73rd birth anniversary. We have compiled some of the best facts and quotes of Bob Marley that will ignite the fire inside you.
Have a look at lesser known facts first
* Bob was born as Nesta Robert Marley in St. Ann Parish, Jamaica, in 1945.
* Marley believed that smoking weed makes you free.
* Bob was married a school teacher named Rita at the age of 21. Marley fathered many kids with other women.
* Marley believed that the use of the drug helps in religious growth. He was also arrested and convicted for possession of marijuana.
* Marley’s father was white, and his mother was black, but he self-identified as a black African.
* Bob Marley had a talent of reading palms. At the age of 4, it was discovered that he had this talent
* Bob converted to Rastafari religion from Catholicism in 1966.
* He died from an acral lentiginous melanoma, a form of skin cancer in 1981
Uplifting Quotes By Bob Marley
* “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
* “Though the road’s been rocky, it sure feels good to me.”
* “I have no education. I have inspiration. If I was educated, I would be a damn fool.”
* “Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don’t give up the fight.”
* “If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy. And If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy. Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”
* “Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.”
* “True friends are like stars; you can only recognize them when it’s dark around you.”
* “I don’t believe in death, neither in flesh nor in spirit.”
* “The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.”
* “When one door is closed, don’t you know, another is open.”
* “Money is numbers and numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end.”
* “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul. Wisdom is better than silver and gold.”
* “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.”
“The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.”
* “Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”
Watch Video: 10 THINGS ABOUT BOB MARLEY YOU DID NOT KNOW
You can share more facts and quotes in the comments section!