Charlie Chaplin is one of the greatest comedians of all times. he is celebrated the world over for his excellent comic timing and expressions. Born on April 16, 1889, Chaplin was born as Charles Spencer Chaplin in London, England. The son of an absconding father and a mum who was soon sent to an asylum, Chaplin spent all his childhood in trouble & poverty and that took away his childhood from him. But he started entertaining people from a very young age and had the audience on his feet.
His hard work and comedy with perfect timing and expressions made him the icon of the silent film era. He soon formed large fan base. On the occasion of Charlie Chaplin’s 129th birth anniversary here are unforgettable quotes from the king of comedy that will inspire you.
* “You’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile.” – Charlie Chaplin
* “You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down” – Charlie Chaplin
* “Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself”- Charlie Chaplin
* “Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot. To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!” – Charlie Chaplin
* “We think too much and feel too little.” – Charlie Chaplin
* “I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician”- Charlie Chaplin
* “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.” – Charlie Chaplin
“My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.” – Charlie Chaplin
* “You need Power, only when you want to do something harmful otherwise. Love is enough to get everything done.” – Charlie Chaplin
* “The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.” – Charlie Chaplin
* “Life is a play that does not allow testing. So sing, cry, dance, laugh and live intensely, before the curtain closes and the piece ends with no applause.” – Charlie Chaplin
* “A day without laughter is a day wasted.” Charlie Chaplin
* “I went into the business for the money, and the art grew out of it. If people are disillusioned by that remark, I can’t help it. It’s the truth.” Charlie Chaplin
* “To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!” Charlie Chaplin
* “Your naked body should only belong to those who fall in love with your naked soul.” Charlie Chaplin
* “Life is a beautiful magnificent thing, even to a jelly fish.” Charlie Chaplin
* “We must laugh in the face of our helplessness against the forces of nature or go insane.” Charlie Chaplin
* “Life can be wonderful if you’re not afraid of it. All it needs is courage, imagination and a little dough.” Charlie Chaplin
* “In this world there is room for everyone, and the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way. Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.” Charlie Chaplin
* “Perfect love is the most beautiful of all frustrations because it is more than one can express.” Charlie Chaplin
* “The world is not composed of heroes and villains, but of men and women with all the passions that God has given them. The ignorant condemn, but the wise pity.” Charlie Chaplin
Which quotes were your favourite? Tell us in the comments sections!