One of the most fashionable men in Bollywood, the director-producer & TV show host Karan Johar is celebrating his 46th birthday today on 25th May 2018.
The quintessential Bollywood filmmaker, is a rare gem to have happened to this film industry and an even rarer one for the movie buffs born in the 90s. Karan Johar has created his own space in the hearts of many that is not buffeted by the fortune of his films at the ticket counters. He is someone who is unlike any other filmmaker of Bollywood.
Karan is friends with almost every Bollywood celebrities and is undoubtedly the best host of parties in B town. His outspoken nature and quick-wittedness are what we admire. However, we are mostly inspired by the way he speaks his mind out.
Today, on his birthday, we share some lesser known facts of his journey
* Karan had an affinity for the letter K as evident as it was, faded off after he saw Lage Raho Munnabhai.
* That contrary to popular belief, Shah Rukh Khan isn’t his most favourite actor to work with. By his own admission, “Hrithik is obsessed with his work. We all are, but while all of us give 100% he gives 300%.”
* In 2007, Karan Johar was chosen as one of 250 Global Young Leaders by the Geneva-based World Economic Forum 2006. On September 30, 2006, Johar became the first Indian filmmaker to be a jury member in the Miss World competition, in Warsaw, Poland.
* Karan is a mumma’s boy. This man who is responsible for bringing out the emotional side of the Indian moms through his movies, Karan himself is very attached to his mother and is called a mumma’s boy quite often.
* He actually commenced his career as an actor in DDLJ as SRK’s best friend. Karan has also worked as a costume designer for Shah Rukh for his films “DDLJ”, “Dil To Pagal Hai” (1997), “Duplicate” (1998), “Mohabbatein” (2000), “Main Hoon Na”, “Veer-Zaara” (2004), “Om Shanti Om” (2007), among others.
* Karan can speak French and he holds a Master’s Degree in French.
* He has never been married till date. He is a single father to twins through surrogacy. His son’s name is Yash, after his father and his daughter’s name is Roohi, rearranged from his mother’s name Hiroo.
Let’s revisit some of his most memorable films yet:-
1. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)
2. Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001)
3. Kal Ho Na Ho(2003)
4. Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006)
5. My Name Is Khan (2010)
We wish you a very Happy Birthday Karan Johar!