Himesh Reshammiya is a multi-talented Bollywood star. He entered Bollywood industry as a music director but he has also proved himself as a singer, lyricist, actor, film producer, film writer and distributor. He was born on 23rd July 1973 in a Gujarati Family. His father was a Gujarati Music Director. On the Occasion of his birthday, here are few interesting factors about his personal and professional life which you would like to know
Bandhan – Kurukshetra – Terenaam – Aap ka Suroor – Tera Fitoor… One Man, 100+ movies, 700 songs… none other than Himesh Reshammiya @HRMusikLimited
— Manas R (@iammanasr) July 23, 2018
— Himesh Reshammiya Online (@HimeshOnline) July 20, 2018
- With a series of popular film scores (500 songs, 100 films) & a string of 36 song hits, he was considered to be one of the top music directors in Indian cinema.
Himesh did his schooling at Hill Grange School in Peddar Road area, Mumbai.
- He lost his elder brother at the age of 11 and decided to take up music as his career after the incident, to fulfil his father’s wishes.
- At the age of 16 and before Himesh went into music direction, he produced television serials for Zee TV which included serials such as Andaz & Amar Prem.
- At the age of 21, Himesh married Komal and they have a son, named Swayam, born in 1997. His family, including his parents, avoid media attention. He and his estranged wife Komal ended their 22 years of marriage in 2017.
- Himesh has the record of composing 36 hits in a single year. His music has it’s own unique style of composition which is based on a fusion of Western and Indian classical music with catchy techno beats.
Deepika Padukone on her costars :
Irrfan Khan- Absolutely loving and genuine
John Abraham- Drool
Himesh Reshammiya- He gave me that opportunity to feature in his music video that led to my film career, I'm grateful pic.twitter.com/GZm4MyhKvk
— Deepika Padukone FC (@DeepikaPFC) May 20, 2018
- Himesh Reshammiya gave Mika his first ever break in Bollywood but somehow that song wasn’t released.
- Himesh’s Gharana has won 2 consecutive Saregamapa Challenge event held in 2007 and 2008.
- Himesh had vowed not to work with Vikram Bhatt after Red – The Dark Side, as Vikram lied to him about the script.
- Aap Kaa Surroor album with 12 songs was topping the charts for a year, this is one of the highest selling music albums in India. It made Reshammiya a sensation.
HR Musik Limited wishes a very Happy Birthday to Himesh Reshammiya Sir 🎂 Since he is in Tokyo right now for a concert he celebrated his birthday with fans on 19th July before leaving Mumbai #HappyBirthdayHimesh 🎉 pic.twitter.com/kOId1uEoJQ
— HR Musik Limited (@HRMusikLimited) July 23, 2018
The story of ‘Aap Kaa Surroor’
“Tere shareer mein itna khoon nahin hoga, jitna Ravi Kumar ek baar mein moot deta hai.” Himesh Reshammiya in ‘The Xpose’.
The year was 2006. Himesh Reshammiya had literally erupted on the Indian music scene with his path breaking album ‘Aap Kaa Surroor’. Not that he hadn’t been making music prior to that. But he used to remain in the background.
With the aforementioned album, he came to the forefront. And how!
We were in school at that time. Going through an age when nobody understood us, dealing with newfound pangs of love and longing for that ‘special’ someone.
Suddenly, this guy came screaming at the top of his lungs (red nose) ‘Dil ki surrrrkh deewaron pe, naam hai tera tera.’ and gave words to the sentiments of millions of youngsters who were clueless as to how to express their feelings.
Almost immediately, people were polarised regarding Mr Reshammiya. The aam junta loved and ridiculed him in equal measures.
While his cap and his sad facial expression became his trademark, thanks to his music videos, he also became the butt of many jokes, thanks to his ‘nasal’ voice.
Best wishes from fans and celebrities 2018https://t.co/LrgBy8zWjC @HRMusikLimited @JemmaRaj @HimeshjiFan4Eva @Marutijanardhan @HimeshjiFan4Eva @HimeshFans @kajraare5 @hr_patidar @ImKittuHR @Alok140199
— Khemraj Deulkar (@KHEMRAJDEULKAR) July 23, 2018
What made matters worse was his decision to foray into movies. Eager to cash in on his popularity, Himesh decided it’d be a good idea to singularly write/direct/give music to/produce/distribute/watch his own movie.
And as if his non-existent acting skills weren’t problematic enough, the titles of his movies didn’t help either.