National award winner actress Kangna Ranaut, has never been afraid to speak her mind. Be it speaking against nepotism in Bollywood or fighting for her beliefs against some superstars.
She has proved that Bollywood movies don’t need male leads for success at the box office. She is queen of Indian cinema and her blunt manner of speaking makes her a “game-changer.”
Here is a look at 9 most hard-hitting statements by Kangana that keep her in our hearts.
1. “Success is the best revenge. I always feel women should answer back either with their sarcasm or success.”
2. “I need nothing from my companion. No money, no financial security, no emotional support, nothing. All I want is the freedom to be myself.”
3. “All beautiful things in this world are because of women.”
4. “Girls are never encouraged to be somebody or to do something like men are. When I was younger, my father had unrealistic expectations from my brother. He would play games, he pretended to be a commander or a leader or a superhero and I would only stand in a corner holding all those machine guns for him.”
5. “I don’t find anything upsetting or gross or degrading about fighting with a mental illness: Bipolar or Schizophrenia.”
6. “Nobody was my support. You have to support yourself, and I think that is the beauty of being a woman. You can handle anything and be ten times better than men.”
7. “Why should Bollywood accept me? I should accept Bollywood. I don’t care if Bollywood has accepted me and I don’t seek acceptance. Well, I don’t need to live up to anybody’s expectations.”
8. “Forget the credit, they (male actors) take all the money as well. We don’t get paid even one-third of what male actors get. It’s not so much about the money, but it’s about being a woman.”
9. “Women empowerment does not mean you create complex among men. Then it will take 20 more years to empower men. It is all about evolving as a soul, as a human being. It does not mean that you become a sexist.”
If you want to share more quotes, share them with us in the comments section!