Scarlett Johansson, one of the sexiest women in Hollywood, is known for her roles in ‘The Avengers,’ ‘The Nanny Diaries,’ ‘Lost in Translation,’ ‘Vicky Cristina Barcelona,’ and ‘Hitchcock.’ She began performing at a young age and starred in many plays. Let’s explore some interesting facts about Scarlett Johansson:
- born on November 22, 1984, in New York City, among a menage of creative artists, as her grandfather was a screenwriter and director, and mother was a producer.
- Even though she’s an internationally recognized sex-symbol, Scarlett chose to celebrate her 20th birthday at Disneyland.
- Her favourite movie is Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.
- She has been smoking since was 15 years old and can’t seem to kick the habit.
She appeared nude alongside Keira Knightley and Tom Ford on the February 2006 cover of Vanity Fair cover. The cover drew controversy for their heavily Photoshopped bodies. A fun fact though, Johansson and Knightley’s nude bottoms were stencilled on 100 cookies nibbled by guests at the magazine’s annual Oscar Party.
- Her greatest fear is cockroaches.
- She has been a loyal supporter of President Obama for a long time and also backed him at the 2012 Democratic National Convention.
- Johansson did not get the role of Lisbeth Salander in the film adaptation of Stieg Larsson’s best-selling novel The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo because the casting directors said she was “too beautiful.”
- She describes herself as Jewish and celebrates both Christmas and Hanukkah during the holidays.
- Scarlett loves animals. She has a cat named Trooper and a chihuahua named Maggie.
- She is very close friends with her frequent co-star, Chris Evans, with whom she has appeared in four films: “The Perfect Score”, “The Nanny Diaries” “The Avengers”, and “Captain America: The Winter Soldier”.
- Ever wondered how she gets her clear skin? She washes her face with apple cider vinegar to prevent blemishes.