Today is a big day for the great pop star Shakira as she is celebrating her birthday today. Born on Feb 2, 1977 in Barranquilla, Colombia, she is a Grammy-winning Latina pop singer, a philanthropist, activist, wife and mother.
Today, we have compiled most interesting facts and quotes of this talented singer. We bet you, after you finish reading this you’ll love Shakira even more.
Interesting facts about Shakira
* Her full name is Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll
* ‘Shakira’ is Arabic language and means ‘grateful’.
* She can speak four languages: Spanish, Portuguese, English and Italian.
* Shakira mostly performs barefoot at her concerts.
* Ever wondered about her dancing skills? Well, her grandmother taught her how to belly dance.
* Shakira’s song Waka Waka, This Time for Africa is the biggest selling World Cup Song of all time!
* She is an international UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and was appointed on 24 October 2003.
World famous quotes by Shakira
* “In your life, to earn your place you have to fight for it.”
* “I prefer an ugly truth to a pretty lie. If someone is telling me truth that is when I will give my heart.”
* “I feel a sense of duty to use the voice and the platform I’ve been afforded by my fame to speak out for those whose voices don’t get a chance to be heard.”
* “I love reading about history. Sometimes, I feel I was born in the wrong time. There was more creativity in the air when people were still discovering new worlds.”
* You can’t achieve anything in life without a small amount of sacrifice.”
* “There’s no better makeup than self-confidence.”
* “My songs are the reflection of how I think and how I feel in that moment. But I’m conscious of the fact that artists have a responsibility before the masses and they have to take care with their words.”
* “You can’t achieve anything in life without a little amount of sacrifice.”
* “I want some day to be able to love with the same intensity and unselfishness that parents love their children with.”
* “You have to be very strong and tough-minded if you want to survive.”
* “I know what it’s like to feel that fear and the need of affirmation and appreciation. To build confidence in you is the toughest thing.”
* “Scars remind me of just how far that I’ve come.”
* “Music has given a voice to many generations, and I think we, as artists, can be a part of creating a better world.”
We wish you a very Happy Birthday Shakira!