Recently Wonder women of Bollywood Vidya Balan was win Screen Awards for tumhari sulu movie. Vidya Balan is a versatile actress in beauty and brain. Here we are sharing some interesting facts about her.
- Vidya Balan is a Tamilian from Kerala and is rumoured to date Shahid Kapoor earlier. She was voted as India’s Hottest Vegetarian by PETA.
- Vidya Balan has a strong connection with Bengal. She has admitted to “feeling Bengali” and speaks the language fluently. Her new husband Siddharth Roy Kapoor, who is half Bengali himself, and she reportedly converse mostly in Bengali.
- Vidya Balan started her acting career at the age of 16 years with the famous show called Hum Paanch which was aired on Zee TV in the mid-90s.
- In the initial days of her struggle, Vidya Balan had to face a lot of rejection from producers and directors. She had signed a Malayalam movie called Chakaram and 12 other subsequent films. None of the movies released because of some reasons and she was blamed for bringing bad luck to the project. As such she was replaced for all those 12 films.
- Vidya Balan is known for her stupendous performance in the film Parineeta but very few people know that she had to give 40 screen tests and 17 makeup shoots. It was only when she was signed for her role as lead actress in her debut movie.
- She also featured in Ads like Big Bazaar, Dabur, Toshiba, Ranka Jewellers. She did 90 ads shoots back to back, but her mother wasn’t quite fond of the idea of her daughter working in this industry. She has also done a photo shoot for Filmfare magazine.
- Vidya has always put out her desires and believes the Universe. She says, “I think when someone wants something they should put out their desires and let it go and then forget about it. The Universe will make things happen for you. If you hold on to your desires you’re not giving it a chance to grow and manifest.”