Summer is eagerly looked forward to as the aamras makes its way onto our dining tables. Aamras is the puree or plup of the mango. People enjoy is by putting some flavours like Rose syrup or Cardamom or almonds, saffron etc in it.
Aamras contains sufficient amount of polyphenols, phytochemicals, carotenoids, antioxidants, omega-3, vitamins, and omega-6 which are beneficial for human body.
It is best enjoyed when chilled. While preparing this aamras recipe, just make sure that its consistency is not too runny as mango pulp tastes the best when it is of thick consistency.
Learn how to make Aamras step by step at Awaaz Nation!
This easy and quick summer recipe can be made in just few simple steps. Try this and enjoy till the summer season lasts!
- Mangoes (Alphonso / Kesar) : 2-3 ripe and sweet, good quality
- Cardamom powder : ½ tsp
- Saffron : a large pinch
- Wash and peel the mangoes. Cut it into chunks.
- In a blender, blend the mango chunks into pulp together with cardamom powder.
- Stir in the saffron.
- Give a nice stir, pour it into individual bowl and chill it for at least half an hour.
- Serve aamras chilled
Tips To Make Aamras Recipe:
* You can make this Aamras with milk instead of water and also try to add condensed milk which is a richer version
* Traditional Aamras recipe calls for the ingredients Dry ginger powder(soondh) and a pinch of salt. While serving little ghee on top. This is the Traditional Recipe of Aamras.
* Fresh Saffron on Aamras enhance the taste so don’t skip adding Saffron.
* Always add the powder sugar than the course. You will get creamy and soft Aamras.
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.