Tomato and Beetroot soup is delicious any time of the year, for lunch or even for dinner, for every age group. The red colour of the two gives a nice rich colour and aroma to your soup. So here is an easy, tasty and healthy soup recipe that’s good for winters and your immunity.
This recipe uses no cornflour or heavy cream, relying on the goodness of vegetables alone to provide all the goodness, flavour and body to the soup.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Ingredients used in BEETROOT AND TOMATO SOUP
• Beetroot (chopped into 1 inch cubes)
• Tomatoes (chopped into 1 inch)
• Butter – 1 tablespoon.
• Garlic (chopped) – 1 tea spoon.
• All purpose flour – 1 tablespoon. (This is totally optional)
• Pepper powder – 1/2 tea spoon.
• Salt – to taste.
• Cream – 1/2 tablespoon.
• Coriander leaves – 1/4 bunch.
– Boil beetroot and tomatoes in a vessel with a lid on it till 80-90% done. Once it is boiled, blend it into a fine paste.
– In a hot pan, add butter, garlic, saute it.
– Add all-purpose flour to the same pan and mix it. Cook till the raw flavor is gone then add the puree in it.
– Now add some water, pepper powder, salt and let it cook for few minutes. Also Read: Moong Dal and Carrot Soup: Most Effective Weight Loss Recipe!
– After 1-2 boils, switch off the flame and serve hot in a soup bowl with fresh cream and chopped coriander leaves on it. Also Read: Instant Healthy Vegetable Broth/Soup At Home
You need to take extra care when serving this soup to avoid red stains on your clothes and furniture.
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.