Carrot Halwa or Gajar ka halwa, also known as Gajrela, is a carrot-based sweet Indian dessert. It is prepared by slow cooking grated carrots with milk and sugar, flavored with cardamom, saffron and garnished with chopped almonds and cashews.
Usually traditional cooking takes long time but if you gajar ka halwa in pressure cooker, you can save your precious time. Pressure cooker gajar halwa recipe is easy and quick to make in just 30 mins.
Grated carrots -2 cups
Milk -3/4 cup
Sugar -1/4 cup
Ghee – 2 1/2- 3 tbsp
Cashew nuts -10
Raisins -2 tbsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
– Wash, peel the skin and grate carrots finely. (use the small hole for grating)
– Warm 1 1/2 tbsp of ghee and fry the raisins on low heat until they puff up. Remove and keep it aside. In the same pan, fry cashew nuts until golden brown. Remove from pan.
– Add another tsp of ghee and fry the grated carrots on low flame stirring continuously for 3-4 minutes.
– In a pressure cooker, take the grated carrots along with 1 cup sugar, 2 cups water and milk.
– Then cook it for 1 whistle. Once the pressure falls, remove the lid, and continue cooking on high until all the milk evaporates.
– Now add a tbsp of ghee and cook for a further 3-4 minutes stirring continuously. Add grated unsweetened khoya (optional). Also Read: Eggless Chocolate Cupcake Recipe In Pressure Cooker!
– When the carrots thicken, add cashew nuts, raisins, cardamom powder, mix well and cook for another 2-3 seconds. Then turn off the flame. Also Read: Recipe of Delicious Milk Sponge Cake With Vanilla Twist
– Serve this tasty gajar ka halwa hot or warm.
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.