Chickpeas snack is very chatpata (spicy), kurkura (crunchy) North Indian style snack, which is well-liked for its chatpata aftertaste. This is a great snack to munch on, and they are so addictive that you’ll keep on chomping them. The chickpeas can also be served as a small salad, with chopped onion and tomato, cilantro, and a good dash of lemon juice. This is gluten free, vagan, protein rich and spicy snack.
So, let’s start the recipe!
Kabuli Chana – 1 cup
Oil for Deep frying
Salt to taste
Besan / Fried Gram flour – 3 -4 tbsp
Rice flour – 2 tbsp
Red chili powder -1 tsp
coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder a pinch
Amchoor powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice few drops.
How to make Fried Masala Chana
* Wash and soak the dried Kabuli chana overnight. Next day, change the water
couple of times and drain it well. Shade dry the chana over muslin cloth
for nearly 6 -7 hrs or until the chana is completely dried.
* When you are ready to deep fry, take the chana in a bowl, add all the
ingredients. Sprinkle water and mix together. The flour and the spices
should coat the chana nicely. Finally add lemon juice and combine everything well again.
* Heat a kadai with oil, when the oil is hot, drop in the channa and cook on all sides till its done.
* Drain on to a kitchen towel using a slotted spatula.
* Serve with tea/coffee and store in an air tight container.
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.