Cheese Garlic Naan Recipe is a delicious naan recipe stuffed with gooey cheese and flavoured with garlic. Beautifully charred and crisp on the outside yet soft, chewy with melting cheese waiting for you on the inside. This naan is in its perfection.
Unlike regular naan, which is already delicious, this cheesy garlic naan elevates the plain naan to the next level. First they are filled with cheese and brushed with melted garlic butter, then topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
Try this recipe, homemade naan is very easy to make, and you can serve them as an appetizer, before a meal, or go with an Indian meal.
Cheese Garlic Naan
- 1-1/2 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Active dry yeast
- Salt , to taste
- 1 tablespoon Garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Cooking oil
- For the stuffing
- 1 cup Cheese , grated
For the topping
2 tablespoons Garlic , finely chopped
Butter , to smear on the naans
How to make Cheese Garlic Naan Recipe
* To make the dough in a mixing bowl, combine the all purpose flour, along with the whole wheat flour, active dry yeast, salt, garlic, coriander leaves, butter and mix well until the ingredients are well combined.
* Now knead the dough with the curd and use the required amount of water to knead a soft dough.
* Finally add in a teaspoon of oil and knead into a smooth dough and shape it into a large dough ball. Place this in a greased bowl, and cover with a damp cloth and keep it rested in a warm place for about two hours. Also Read: Smoky Dal Makhani Recipe, Restaurant Style!
* Once the naan dough has doubled in size, punch down the dough, knead for a minute and divide into equal portions.
* Heat a cast iron tawa on medium heat, and keep it ready.
* Roll out each dough ball into a 4 inch diameter, place the grated cheese, and bring the edges together and make a potli, flatten between your palms, dust it in flour and begin to roll in a way that we get elongated, oval naans.
* Brush water on one side of the naan, and evenly spread it on the entire surface of the naan, now place this naan on the tawa, with the water side face down, quickly sprinkle some chopped garlic, and press it down on the naan, in a way it gets embedded in the Cheese Garlic Naan. Also Read: Easy Quick Recipe of Crispy & Mouth-Drooling Corn Fritters/Bhutte Ke Pakode
* Next, after about 40 seconds, flip the tawa upside down, in a way that the tawa is up and the naan is in direct contact with the flame.
* Gradually the naan , will fall off from the tawa, using a pair of tongs, take the Cheese Garlic Naan from the griddle and cook the other side directly on the flame. Keep moving the naan for even cooking.
* Remove from the flame, slather some butter and serve hot.
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.