It’s Diwali vibes all over over in India & no celebration in India is complete without a touch of sweet. We just can’t seem to stop out from trying out delicious coconut laddo recipe! Coconut ladoo is a quick and easy Indian sweet made in 10 minutes. The two main ingredients which go into making this laddu is desiccated coconut (dry coconut) and sweetened condensed milk.
Our Nariyal Ladoo recipe has coconut cooked with khoya and condensed milk. Shaped into round balls and stuffed with almonds and cashews.
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking Time : 15 mins
Makes : 12 to 15 ladoos
* Coconut – 2 cup (use fresh coconut)
* Condensed Milk – 1 cup
* 2 Tbsp Khoya
* Almond – 1/4 cup powderedGhee or Butter – 1 tblspn + for greasing hands
* Dessicated Coconut for rolling
* Take fresh coconut in a dry kadai and toast them for 3 mins. If using dry toast them for a min.
* Now add in condensed milk, khoya and mix well.
* Add in almond powder, ghee and mix well.
* Keep cooking for 5 to 10 mins till it leaves the sides.
* Once it started leaving, remove it to a bowl. Allow to cool down.
* Now grease your hands with some ghee. Shape this into small ladoos.
* Now take dessicated coconut in a plate. Roll the ladoos in the coconut till it is coated.
* Place it in a air tight container and Store in fridge for a good 2 hours.
* Remove it before 30 mins from the fridge before serving.
* Firstly, if using fresh coconut, lightly dry roast for 2 minutes and later add milk.
* Secondly store in fridge for a 2 hours, so it gets little hard and sets a little.
* Also, instead of sugar replace it with jaggery to prepare coconut jaggery ladoo.
* Additionally, replace milk and sugar with ¾ cup of condensed milk to reduce the cooking time.
* Finally, cook coconut ladoo or nariyal ladoo on low flame, else they might burn.
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.