The corn tikki is an innovative tikki or cutlet recipe with mashed corn and spices as fillings. Garnish the corn tikkis with imli chutney, curd, coriander chutney, chaat masala, etc and the lip-smacking tikki would be ready to eat.
Corn Tikkis recipe – How to make Corn Tikkis
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
200 gms boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
5 to 6 boiled and mashed medium sized potatoes
5 finely chopped green chillies
2 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
2 tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
3 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
3/4 cup cornflour
4 slices bread
1 pinch sugar
salt to taste
3/4 cup vermicelli (seviyan)
oil for deep frying
- Combine the ginger, garlic, green chillies and coriander leaves and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste.
- Add the sugar and blend again till smooth. Keep aside.
- Blend the corn kernels into a coarse mixture and keep aside.
- Soak the bread slices in water and squeeze them.
- Combine the crushed corn, mashed potatoes, green paste, bread, corn flour and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into small round flat tikkis.
- Roll in vermicelli or semolina and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the tikkis till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney or sauce.