Chocolate chip cookies are always a treat. These are egg-less, delicious, crispy and taste great with milk or hot cup of tea.
Here is the perfect recipe to make delightful Eggless Chocolate Cookies, which have an ideal melt-in-the-mouth texture and the sweet scent of vanilla, speckled with chocolate chips, which will add more joy to every bite. Can these cookies be made without oven?
Yes, what is more interesting that you don’t need an oven to make these cookies!
Prep Time : 5 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Recipe Category: Cookies-Snacks
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Plain Flour/Whole wheat flour – 1/2 cup
Melted ghee or butter – 3 tbsp
Salt – a pinch
Sugar (powdered) or powdered jaggery – 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
* Take a pressure cooker or any thick bottomed pan, spread a layer of sand or salt (about 1 inch) inside the cooker.
* Then keep any stand or perforated plate which comes with the cooker. I kept two such plates to raise the height.
* Pre heat the cooker (or any thick bottomed pan) with the sand/salt on high flame for 10 minutes.
* Take melted ghee in a bowl, add powdered sugar or organic powdered jaggery, vanilla essence and salt. Mix well.
* Add plain flour/wheat flour and mix well to form a dough. You do not have to knead the dough. Keep it covered in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
* Divide the dough equally, form balls and flatten it. You can make a design with a fork, after flattening it as I have done.
* Grease an aluminium cooker container or any aluminium tin, place the cookies on it leaving enough space between the cookies.
* Then place the tin inside the cooker (or heavy bottomed pan) using tongs as the cooker/pan will be very hot.
* Reduce the heat to low and close the cooker without weight/whistle and gasket. If you are using heavy bottomed pan, cover the pan with a lid.
* Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies/biscuits starts to brown near the edges. Once the bottom starts browning, switch off the cooker and let the cookies be inside the cooker for 5 minutes. It took 20 minutes for me. The timings will vary depending on the size of the cooker, the amount of heat etc.
* Then remove the cookies gently and place it on a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies will be soft but once it cools it will become crisp.
Storage – Once it cools, you can store it in an airtight container.
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.