The Parsi community across the world are celebrating the Parsi new year which is also known as Navroz or Jamshed-i-Nouroz. The day marks the beginning of the Iranian calendar and is observed as a holy occasion within the community. It is marked by merrymaking and a spirit of positivity and prayer for the Parsis
The festival signifies renewing spirits with love, kindness, positivity and peace, cleansing our souls from our sins and asking for repentance.
Parsis are known for their love for good food, good music. They take their food very seriously and their food is more than ‘Dhansak’ and ‘Kheema Pav’. On the occasion of Parsi New Year, we bring to you a delicious recipe of Parsi mutton cutlets which is also an amazing appetizer for any festive occasion or dinner party at home, this is super easy and quick to make.
Here we go!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: foo45 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 01 Hour
Serve : 4
Level oof Cooking : Moderate
Taste : Mild
- 500g – Fresh mutton medium, minced
- 15g – Ginger paste
- 15g – Garlic paste
- 5g – Turmeric
- 10g – Red chili powder
- 10g – Green chili chops
- 5g – Clove–cinnamon powde
- 80g – Boiled mashed potatoes
- 5g – Mint leaves
10g – Fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 400g – Bread crumbs
- 5 – Eggs
- Oil to fry
* First of all squeeze the minced mutton between the palms of your hands to remove excess water.
* In a bowl, take the mince and massage it with your hands for 5 minutes.
* Now, add the ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilli, turmeric, red chilli powder, clove-cinnamon powder, mashed potato, pudina, dhania and salt. Mix it well.
* Place each ball on a flat surface and flatten with your fingers into a four-inch patty. Coat the cutlets with bread crumbs from both sides.
* Place the cutlets in a refrigerator for half an hour.
* Heat plenty of oil in a deep kadai.
* Whisk eggs. Coat the refrigerated cutlets in the egg mixture. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown from both sides.
We Wish You A Very Happy Parsi New Year!
Do not forget to share your experience, tet us know how it turned out for you in the comments section below. We Would love to hear your beautiful thoughts!