Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So always start your day with healthy breakfast.
If you are you looking for new ways to get your family to eat healthy breakfast then you must try these healthy and easy Indian breakfast recipes.
1. Nutritious Parantha
Most people think parantha is not healthy. But they are wrong. Eating parantha is very healthy if you keep few things in mind like its dough should be made up of whole wheat and not refined flour, It should be stuffed with vegetables, Try to add ingredients like flax seed and wheat bran in the parantha dough, Use mustard or olive oil while making parantha.
Today I will tell you the healthiest mix vegetable parantha recipe for breakfast.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil /olive oil in a pan.
- Add cabbage, capsicum,onion, fenugreek leaves, mushroom. You can add your favorite veggies.
- Add salt and turmeric powder over it and mix well over medium flame for not more than 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes turn off the flame.
- Take 1 cup wheat flour and add salt in a bowl. Prepare soft dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Now pinch small round dough and roll it out into 3 to 4 inch diameter parantha.
- Put 2 tsp of stuffing on it. Lift the sides of the dough and close the stuffing properly.
- Spread the stuffing evenly by gently pressing with your fingers. Make desired size parantha.
- Heat a pan and pour some oil on it. Then put the parantha on it. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Now follow the same process for the remaining dough balls.
- Serve hot with side dish of your choice like chutney, curd, butter, juice etc. Enjoy your healthy breakfast.
2. Moong Daal Dosa
Green gram( Mung Beans) are rich source of low-fat protein. The water in which green gram is soaked is a good medicine during cholera, measles. It contains no trans or saturated fats. Green gram has a wide amino acid profile etc.
It is easy to prepare and very nutritious because we are using green gram to make this dosa. It is a healthy dish for breakfast. So, Lets start with its recipe.
- Soak Green moong dal in water overnight. Rub the daal thoroughly to remove its skin.
- Soak rice(half small cup) for half n hour.
- Strain dal and rice. Now with the help of a mixer prepare a batter. Batter’s consistency should be smooth, neither too thick or too thin.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava with your favourite cooking oil.
- Now pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava and spread it in a circular motion.
- Roast on high-medium flame until it turns light brown in color from beneath.
- Spray little oil on the sides and fold over.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining batter and serve with your favourite chutney.
Poha is Indian’s all time favorite dish. It is very simple to prepare it.
- Wash poha and rinse well. Drain all the water and keep aside for 10 minutes. Poha shouldn’t sit for more than 10 minutes or it will get mushy.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- After they start spluttering, add peanuts, green chillies in the pan. The flame should be medium.
- After few minutes add one potato(cut into small pieces).
- After 3-4 minutes add the poha into the pan. Add salt and add a pinch of turmeric.
- Mix it well for more 5 minutes and garnish it with your favorite toppings.
This breakfast recipe is low in calories and saturated fats. This recipe is very simple to make. Try it!
- Take wheat flour, chickpeas flour, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt, carom seeds, chopped fenugreek leaves, curd, 1 tsp oil and mix well.
- Prepare a soft dough and keep aside for 15 minutes(it should be covered).
- Make small balls from the dough and start roll them into thin circles.
- Heat tawa and grease it with your favourite oil, place the thepla on tawa.
- Flip the side and spread some oil on both sides.
- Thepla is ready. Repeat the same process. Serve with chutney, curd or sauce of your choice.
Rava Upma (Suji Upma) is a popular breakfast dish in India. It is healthy, nutritious, tasty and most important easy to make. Check the tastiest recipe of upma here.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- After 5 seconds add the daals, channa & curry leaves to it and fry till they turn light red/orange.
- Add onion and green chilies. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables as per your choice and mix it.
- Now add turmeric & chili powder, and salt to taste.
- After 5 minutes add 2 cups of water and cover the pan. Cook it on low heat until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add roasted rava to it stirring constantly till it becomes little thick.
- Take off from the gas. Serve hot garnished with cashews, coriander, peanuts.