Hot milk sponge cake is a fluffy, light and flavorful sponge cake which is good enough to be eaten on its own, even better in a layer cake.
Do you want an impressive cake for a special occasion but don’t want to spend a whole day in the kitchen? Baking a cake doesn’t have to be complicated. Here is the best simple cake recipe for you. We bet this easy homemade cake recipe will be a hit at any special party.
Let’s get started
Preparation Time- 20 Minutes
Cooking Time- 30 Minutes
Difficulty level- Easy
- 4 oz. (3/4 cup plus 2 Tbs.) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 oz. (2 Tbs.) unsalted butter, cut into smaller pieces
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a pan.
* In a large bowl, beat eggs for 7 minutes until eggs become thick and lemon-colored.
* Add sugar while beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
* Beat in vanilla.
* Now mix flour and baking powder and gradually add to batter, beat at low-speed until smooth.
* In a saucepan, heat half cup milk and 2 tablespoons butter until butter is melted. But do not boil it.
* Set aside.
* Gradually pour into the mixture/ batter, mixing constantly.
* Pour into the prepared greased pan.
* Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
* Sprinkle pieces of coconut and nuts over the cake.
Watch Video: Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipe
You might also want to try some of the Super-Fast Recipes With Eggs You Should Start Making Today and Also Read: Instant Recipe Of Potato And Green Peas Sandwich
Share this tasty recipe with your friends and family.