Veg Hot Dog – hmmmm yummmm very tasty, delicious and spicy treat for all vegetarians. Good to cook something on lazy weekends or when you are tempted to eat something different apart from regular dal and roti. Very filling, very healthy and a perfect for lunch, brunch, dinner or even for potlucks!
Preparation time: 20 pts
Cooking time: 20 pts
Serves: 2 people
- 1 boiled potato
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 piece of Ginger
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp Bread Crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- 3 Hot Dog Buns
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Onion
- Boil potato in the pressure cooker just until one whistle. Peel boiled potato and mash really well.
- Mix whole coriander seeds, green chillies, garlic, ginger, red chilli powder, lemon juice in a blender and grind to make a very smooth paste.
- Add ground masala to mashed potatoes, also add salt to taste, coriander leaves, corn flour, bread crumbs and mix well.
- Form long patties from above potato mixture.
- Heat up a pan over medium heat add a tsp of oil and shallow fry patties till it gets nice golden crust from all the sides.
- Make sure to flip patties once in a while to avoid sticking of it to the pan.
- Once all patties are shallow fried, butter hot dog buns inside out and roast on the same skillet till it gets a nice crust.
- Now to assemble hot dog take one of roasted hot dog bun, on the middles of that place hot dog Pattie.
- Stack green pepper and onion on the side of hot dog.
- Add mustard and tomato sauce on the hot dog patties.
- Serve hot with extra mustard or tomato sauce!