For those who prefer South Indian food, would be very happy as today is world Idli Day. On World Idli Day, here is a unique Idli recipe that give a new twist to out all-time favourite dish. Its light, easy to make, steamed and best enjoyed with sambar and chutneys.
Do share your opinions about this recipe.
Ingredients Required – Ingredients for Rava Idli Recipe
- Rava (semolina) – 250 gm or 1 1/2 cup
- Curd – 300 gm or 1 1/2 cup
- Water – 50 gm or 1/4 cup
- Salt – 3/4 teaspoons according to the taste
- Eno salt – 3/4 teaspoons
- Oil – one big spoon (to grease Idli stand)
Method of Making – How to make Rava Idali Recipe
* First stir the curd properly. Now take semolina in a bowl and put yogurt in it and mix it well.
* Put water and salt in it and beat it properly. Now keep the mixture for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes put the soda in the mixture and mix well. The mixture should not be thicker or too thin.
* Pour 2 small glass water in the cooker and keep it on the gas, let the water warm.
* Grease the idli stand with little oil. Fill the mixture with the help of a spoon in each of Idli’s slot.
* Place the idli stand in the cooker and cover with the lid but remove the whistle.
* Idli is cooked in 8 or 10 minutes. Open the lid of the cooker (Check whether Idli is prepared or not by inserting knife. If idli is prepared then knife will come out clean.
* Remove the Idli stand from the cooker, after cooling.
* Remove idli from the stand with the help of a knife.
* Your delicious Idli is ready. Serve and eat them with sambar, coconut chutney, chana dal chutney or chillies of groundnut.
* If the batter for the idli is too thin or is too thick, Idli will not become spongy.
* After keeping mixture for 20 minutes, mix it well again.
Watch Video: Rava Idli Recipe
Stay connected with hashtags- #HappyIdliday #WorldIdliDay