Indian tater tots is a simple yet delicious snack which you can make in few minutes. Tater tots is perfect as a tea time snack, If you have it with a cup of Indian chai, then you will be in heaven.
Now say goodbye to those frozen bags of tater tots. This homemade version is so easy, freezer-friendly and way better than store-bought!
Let us start with very basic recipe of Tater Tots.
– 2 pounds russet potatoes or red skinned potatoes, peeled
– 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
– 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
– Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
– 1 cup vegetable oil
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
– Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and cook until parboiled, about 6-7 minutes; drain well and let cool.
– Using a box grater, finely shred potatoes. Using a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain potatoes completely, removing as much water as possible.
– Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Stir in flour, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and dill; season with salt and pepper, to taste. The mixture should be workable but dry. Form potatoes into tots.
– Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
– Add tots to the skillet, 5 or 6 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
–Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.