On this valentines, week make you surprise very special for your love. Chocolates are most special gifts for someone but if they are homemade, the event becomes memorable for forever. These quick and healthy chocolate treats come together quickly to satisfy your sweet tooth without guilt.
- 8 small gingersnaps
- ⅓ cup bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dried cranberries
- Active 15 m
- Ready In 45 m
Dip gingersnaps into melted chocolate. Let the excess drip off. Place on a wax paper-lined plate. Sprinkle with crystallized ginger and cranberries. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Tip: To melt chocolate: Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Or place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
- Serving size: 2 cookies
- Per serving: 157 calories; 6 g fat(3 g sat); 1 g fiber; 28 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 20 mcg folate; 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g sugars; 63 IU vitamin A; 0 mg vitamin C; 20 mg calcium; 1 mg iron;76 mg sodium; 96 mg potassium
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2
- Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrates