Celebrate Christmas with a rich, moist chocolate cake, or perhaps a modern sponge-based creation. We’ve got all the recipes you need and tips for decorating, too.
Ingredients Of Chocolate Cake In A Pressure Cooker
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 inch round greased baking tin
Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Total Cook Time: 1 Hour and 5 Minutes
How to Make Chocolate Cake in a Pressure Cooker
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add the butter, sugar, salt, water and vanilla, and beat the ingredients using a whisk.
- Add the eggs and beat the batter until smooth.
- Transfer to the baking tin.
- Heat the pressure cooker, covered with the lid but without the pressure, for 3-4 minutes on high heat, then place the cake tin in the empty cooker (do not add water in the cooker).
- Close the lid (without the pressure), lower the flame and let it cook until done (about 30 minutes).