Malpua is a small pancake made with Khoya & multi-purpose flour. You can never forget its taste when it just melts in your mouth. Malpua is specially made on festivals and can be prepared very quickly and easily.
Whenever you feel like eating something sweet and do not have any sweets in the house, then you must try our special Malpua recipe.
We all know this recipe is especially prepared during Holi festival. To make your Holi more delicious, make Malpuas for your family by following our recipe.
Fried in ghee and then dunked in sugar syrup, Malpuas are perfect choice for sweets lovers. So what are we waiting for? Let’s get started with the recipe of healthy Malpua.
Flour – 1 Cup/200 Gram
Mawa- 1/2 cup
Baking soda – 1 pinch
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp spoon
100 gm semolina
500 ml milk
250 gm sugar
1 pinch saffron
250 ml water
Oil – as required
To prepare the sugar syrup, pour water in a pan over medium flame. Add sugar in it and stir until fully dissolved. Then add 2-3 tsp milk and stir again, after a few minutes remove the scum that rises to the top. Once the sugar syrup is thick, remove the pan from the flame and keep aside.
For Malpua Batter:-
* Mix milk, water and the flour to form a lump-less batter.
* Now mix khoya with water together to form a thick batter.
* After that mix khoya and flour batter together to form a lump-less smooth batter of thick consistency.
For the malpua:-
* Now heat ghee /oil in a pan over low flame.
* Add flour batter (A Ladleful of mixture) in circular motion in the center of the pan of ghee.
* Keep the flame low and cook till Malpua is light brown on both sides.
* Take out Malpua and drain the excess ghee. After this, pour the malpuas in sugar syrup.
* Repeat the same with the remaining batter.
* Garnish Malpuas with dry fruits or saffron and serve hot.
Watch Video: Malpua Recipe – Rajsthani malpua using Milk Powder
We Hope You Liked This Recipe!
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.