Sweet-tangy flavored mango pickle aka aam ka achaar is loved by everyone. Mango pickle is everyone’s favorite and takes very less time for the preparations but it keeps good for longer duration. There are many types of recipes for making mango pickles but today we will prepare sweet-tangy mango pickle.
This instant lip smacking tangy pickle is prepared from raw mango or popularly known as kheri or kachi kheri aam. while, mango pickle recipe is quite popular one, but this pickle can also be extended to lime, amla and even to sour ambade or spondias.
Prep Time : 3-Above
Cook time : 6-10 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Moderate
Taste : sweet & Tangy
Ingredients for Instant Delicious Sweet & Sour Mango Pickle Recipe
How to Raw Mangoes 500 grams
Mustard Oil filtered 1 cup
Fennel seeds (saunf) 2 1/2 tablespoons
Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) 1 tablespoon
Salt 3 1/2 teaspoons
Turmeric powder 2 1/2 teaspoons
Mustard seeds (rai ki dal) 2 teaspoons
Red chilli powder 2 tablespoons
Onion seeds (kalonji) 2 teaspoons
Sugar- 250 gram
* Heat mustard oil in a non stick pan till it starts to smoke. Set aside to cool.
* Dry Roast fenugreek seed slightly and then grind to make a powder and keep side.
* Wash and wipe well the raw mango and then chop to make small pieces.
* Take the chopped mango in a bowl and add salt, sugar, turmeric, roasted fenugreek powder and red chili powder and mix well.
* When the oil is cooled add half of it and mix. Now transfer into a porcelain or glass jar and add the remaining oil so that all the mango pieces are well covered.Keep this in the sun for further 12-15 days. Serve.
* You can start eating it immediately but it taste much better after 2-3 days when the mango pieces absorb all the flavors.
* Serving- can serve with curd rice, khichdi, paratha ,it goes well with any thing savory.
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.
Subscribe our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAvXi8OrNLPpBzFP-ZGYklg
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theawaaznation/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/awaaz_nation
And do not miss any updates on our website: https://www.awaaznation.com