Palak pakoda is yet another perfect snack recipe for all seasons. These are deep fried fritters recipe made using finely chopped palak and besan/chick pea flourleaves coated with spicy chickpea flour.
Today, we will share an interesting pakoda recipe that combines the vibrant colour of spinach and the crunch of onions with a dash of delicious spice powders. It is really easy to make and works as a great snack in all seasons.
This is a must-try recipe, the Palak Pakora (Spinach Fritters) will add more fun to a cup of hot masala chai during the monsoon and winter evenings.
Crispy spinach fry/ Palak Pakoda is a delicious and crispy fritter prepared with spinach!
- Palak leaves 250 gm
- ½ cup besan / gram flour
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- ½ tsp ajwain / caraway seeds
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- pinch of baking soda (optional)
- water as required to prepare batter
- oil for deep frying
* In a big bowl take half cup of besan, turmeric powder, onions, chilli powder, ajwain, chaat masala, salt and rice flour. mix well.
* Now add a pinch of baking soda. it is optional. however, it makes your pakoda fluffy.
* Now add water slowly and make a smooth batter.
* Dip the whole palak leaves into batter. coat with batter on both side.
* Slowly drop into hot oil and deep fry. stir occasionally.
* Fry till they become crisp and golden brown.
* Remove the pakodas and drain onto a paper towel.
* Serve hot with tomato ketchup and masala chai.
You might also want to try- Delicious & Healthy Malpua Recipe For Sweet Lovers and Healthy & Delicious Sweet – Sour Tomato Chutney Recipe!
Health Benefits of Spinach
Spinach has many important roles to play in maintaining a healthy body; the various health benefits include the following:
- Improves Eyesight
- Treats Macular Degeneration
- Provides Neurological Benefits
- Treats Hemophilia
- Maintains Blood Pressure
- Strengthens Muscles
- Reduces Inflammation
- Helps in Bone Mineralization
- Reduces Risk of Cataracts
- Boosts Metabolism Treats & Prevents
- Cancer Acts as Anti-ulcerative
- Prevents Atherosclerosis
- Helps with Fetal Development
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.