This sandwich can be prepared with limited ingredients like boiled or fried potato and Peas filling with a base of tomato ketchup. Yummy! It makes for a wonderful breakfast or tea time snack. That is why potato& green pea sandwiches are excellent choice for a hearty and satisfying meal.
Today, I will share potato & green pea sandwich aka aloo matar sandwich recipe. I hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Recipe Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes
- Total Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Ingredients for sandwich
- Bread Slices – 8 to 10
- Potato – 2 to 3 (boiled)
- Frozen or boiled Peas – 1 cup (150 gms) boiled
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- A pinch of turmeric
- Tomato ketchup
- Salt to taste
- Take boiled potatoes and green peas in a bowl and mash them.
- Take a pan and heat oil. Add onion, green chilli and saute for couple of mins. Then add salt and turmeric powder.
- After 1 minute add mashed potatoes and green peas.
- After one minute, turn off the gas.
- Now the stuffing is ready, Get the bread slices(chop the sides if you don’t like it) and butter them evenly.
- Spread filling in it. Cover it with another slice.
- Heat little oil in a pan, place bread and cook till golden on both sides. Serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.
You might also want to try some of the Super-Fast Recipes With Eggs You Should Start Making Today and Top 5 High Vegetarian Foods You Should Start Eating Today