Winters are setting in and the best way to deal with it is to sip vegetable soup as it is great for a cold night. This soup is very healthy and nutritious with the goodness of all the veggies.
Today I am sharing a very simple yet delicious vegetable soup recipe which is nutritious as well as healthy.
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 carrots, sliced
- Half cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups mixed chopped vegetables of your choice
- 10 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Wash, clean and chop the vegetables into small pieces. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, celery and carrots and stir it for 3-4 minutes until onions are soft. Then add rest of the vegetables and heat for just another minute or two.
- Cover the vegetables with water and cook until tender. You can cover vegetables with a lid and simmer it for 1 hour.
- When the vegetables are completely cooked, strain it through a fine mesh soup strainer.
- For vegetable soup leave in the solid vegetables or you can also blend it until smooth. If you want vegetable broth then strain out the solid pieces.
- Don’t forget to season with pepper or fresh herbs. You can also season the soup with smoked paprika, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried thyme, dried basil etc.
You might also want to try some of the Most Popular Indian Breakfast Vegetarian Recipes and Super-Fast Recipes With Eggs You Should Start Making Today