Poha or beaten rice is very famous breakfast meal in India. Poha is very light in nature, healthy and delicious dish. Here we are sharing the recipe of poha cutlet i.e different from the traditional one which adds more delicious flavour to your taste.
Vegetable poha cutlet recipe is easy, quick and a delicious snack full of energy and taste. These can be served as a tea time snack too and can also be packed with kids small tiffins. Vegetable poha cutlet recipe is easy, quick and a delicious snack full of energy and taste.
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Servings 2 people
- 1 cup Poha or Flattened Rice or Beaten Rice or Aval medium thick
- 1 cup Potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic crushed or grated
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh coconut chutney
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/4 cup Peanuts roasted and crushed
- Oil for shallow frying
- 2 tbsp Coriander Mint chutney for garnish
- Wash Poha in water two to three times. Drain well and keep aside.
- In a big bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, drained poha, onions, coriander leaves, garlic, salt, lemon juice, coconut chutney (or grated coconut), red chilli powder, chaat masala, turmeric powder, cumin powder, crushed peanuts. [Add finely chopped vegetables or peas if you want at this stage]
- Mix well and form into desired shapes. I have shaped them into patties (or wheels).
- In a flat griddle or a pan, add 2 tsp oil and shallow fry these patties. Use more oil if required in between roasting both sides.
- Please note that the patties are a bit soft so handle with care. I have not added any binding like maida or cornflour or bread. Binding can be avoided when not required.
- If you are making more in quantity, you can add bread crumbs for binding.
- Once the patties or wheels are roasted from both sides, serve them with green chutney.