These Sirke Wali Pyaz are so easy and simple to make at home that you can make them and store it. This is an easy recipe of vinegar onions tastes amazing and goes very well with north indian meals. This recipe is for budding cooks who want to start learning cooking with basic salads.
Pickled onions are not only restricted to Indian (Desi) food, but can also be added to salads, sandwiches, wraps, rolls and burgers. You can have sirke wale pyaz with lunch or dinner and on special occasions when table is crowned with rich dal makhani and shahi paneer. These onions simply magnifies the flavour and takes the dish to all new level.
Today, we will tell you a simple way to make perfect Sirke Wale Pyaz / Vinegar onions at home.
- Prep Time : 26-30 minutes
- Cook time : 1-2days
- Serve : 4-6
- Level Of Cooking : Easy
- Taste : Sour
- 500 Grams Baby Onion / Shallots
- 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
- Salt- According to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Water
- 1/2 Beetroot
How to Make Onion Vinegar Pickle
* Peel and wash the onions. Keep them aside.
* Boil the water with beetroot and peppercorns. Skip this step if not using the beets and pepper.
* Cool the water completely and discard the beetroot pieces. The beetroot pieces impart a nice pink shade to the onions. Keep it aside.
* Now place the vinegar in a saucepan over high heat and bring to boil.
* Add the salt, sugar and the onions, and when the vinegar comes to a boil once again, shut off the heat.
* In a glass or ceramic jar, add the mix with the water. The liquid should be at least a centimetre or two above the onions. Keep aside for 3-4 hours.
* Drain at the time of serving. This stays good for 4-5 days when refrigerated.
Want to share more recipes? Tell us in the comments section below!