Suji ka halwa recipe or sheera recipe – Also known as rava sheera, sooji ka halwa or rava halwa is a delicious sweet dish. A much-loved traditional Indian dessert, suji halwa or sheera recipe is a sweet semolina dish that bears a richness of milk, saffron and cashew nuts. This traditional recipe uses just milk, ghee and sugar to make the halwa.
Here is a quick and easy recipe to make this delicious halwa! Enjoy!
* 1 cup sooji (rava, semolina flour)
* 1/4 cup ghee (clear butter)
* 1.5 cup sugar
* 1 cup water
* 3 cups Milk or water (you can add both also like half milk and half water)
* Pinch of cardamom powder
* 1 tablespoon sliced almonds for garnish
* Boil the water with sugar, and cardamom powder in a pan over low medium heat. Bring to a boil and Set aside.
* Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat.
* Add sooji and roast to golden brown color; stirring constantly this will take about 5 to 8 minutes. Sooji will be golden brown in color and will have a light sweet aroma.
* Add the syrup slowly, as you add the syrup to sooji water will splatter.
* Add 3 cups of boiled milk into the rava, add milk little by little into the mixture and mean time you have to stir the rava continuously otherwise you will get lumps in the mixture. To avoid lumps, stir well while adding milk into the sooji
* Turn down the heat to medium low and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
* Sooji will absorb the milk, as the Halwa cools so keep Halwa a little more softer then you want.
* Garnish with almonds. You can serve or have this suji ka halwa when it is warm or cool down.
You might also want to try- Delicious & Healthy Malpua Recipe For Sweet Lovers and Healthy & Delicious Sweet – Sour Tomato Chutney Recipe!
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.