You must have heard of Tandoori Roti or Tandoori Chicken but nowadays people are obsessed with a unique ‘tandoori chai’. Yes! you heard it right.
In this delicious tea-making process, kulhads are roasted in a pre-heated tandoor. Then, semi-cooked tea is poured into the extremely hot kulhads to bubble over as it finishes cooking. The hot clay pot gives the tea a smoky flavour. Once done, the beverage gets a smoky flavour much like the tandoori foods that we usually eat.
Here is how to make Tandoori chai at home!
- Milk – 1 cup
- Tea leaves- 2 tbsp
- Lemon Grass 1 tbsp
- Water- 1.5 cups
- Tea Spice/Chai masala – 2 pinch
- Sugar – 2 tsp
Mint leaves 1 tbsp
1 clay pot for tandoori flavour
Method Of making the Tandoor Chai
1. Place the clay pot on a flame and heat it up for the next 10 minutes on a medium flame. Prepare the tea by boiling the water and adding sugar, tea leaves, lemon grass, mint leaves and tea masala. Once the water starts boiling, add the milk and boil for 2 more minutes.
2. With the help of a tea strainer, pour the tea in a glass jar. Now, carefully using tongs, place the clay pot in a deep pot/vessel, and start pouring the hot tea in it.
3. The tea will start to bubble in the clay pot and would eventually ooze out. After few minutes, pour it in a clean clay pot and pair it with bun maska or biscuits of your choice.
The cooking process is going to give the tea a very unique earthy flavour, along with a smoky taste.
You Should Not Drink Tea Or Coffee On An Empty Stomach!
Are you in the habit of drinking bed tea in the morning? Many people miss out on the fact that starting your day with a cup of tea is a bad idea for your health. Primary Reasons for Why Not to Drink Tea / Coffee on an Empty Stomach:-
- Body Needs to Rehydrate itself first thing in the Morning.
- Coffee and Tea are Diuretics in Nature.
- Increases the Acid Levels inside the Stomach.
- Increases Toxins In The Body.
We hope you liked this article! Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.