Tomato is a great source of protein, vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber that can significantly prevent many diseases. Its chutney goes great with bread, sandwiches, paratha, idli,dosa or rice. Indian tomato chutney is a great thing to make plus you can preserve it also. It is a great option if you want to make your food and snacks time exciting.
Today, we bring you an easy and quick recipe of tomato chutney that can be made in just few simple steps. Try this and enjoy.
Learn how to make Tomato Chutney step by step at Awaaz Nation!
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 10 m
- Ready In 20 m
Ingredients Of Tomato Chutney
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, blanched and chopped
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 500 gm sugar or to taste
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- One tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp oil
1. Heat some oil, add brown onions and ginger-garlic paste to it and cook till they brown.
2. Add tomatoes, sugar, salt, chilli powder and garam masala and cook to a thick consistency.
3. Add vinegar and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Eat straight away or spoon into sterilised jars, close tightly, turn upside down, and leave to cool. This will preserve the chutney and it will then keep in a cool place for a month or two until you open it.
This chutney is best served as a side dish with any kind of stuffed Paratha or over plain white rice.
If you want to preserve it though, make sure you sterilise your jars by rinsing them in boiling water before you start.
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.