Vegetable seekh kabab with step by step photo and video recipe. the seek kabab recipe originates from Pakistan, Afghanistan and west Punjab cuisine and is typically prepared from minced meat. it is grilled on skewers and is basically cooked in tandoor oven. seek kabab recipe can be served as a party starter or in roti / chapathi as a frankie or roll with other vegetables.
Furthermore, some important tips and suggestions for a perfect seekh kabab recipe. firstly, i have used normal nonstick tawa to grill the kebeb. however it can also be grilled in oven by applying some butter or oil on top of it. secondly, apply oil to your palm while shaping the kebeb to skewers. also try to shape it evenly otherwise, kabab may not stick to skewers. lastly, if you do not have mint sauce or chutney, just mix yogurt with green chutney or sandwich chutney and serve it with vegetable seekh kabab.
- 6-8 Green beans (French Beans) , finely sliced
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon Cooking oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 1-1/2 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 3 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Gram flour (besan)
- 2 tablespoons Cashew nuts , powdered
- 3 tablespoon Bread crumbs
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon Whole Black Peppercorns , crushed
- 1/4 tablespoon Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds , powdered
- Lemon wedges , for garnish
- Onion , chopped for garnish
firstly, in a kadai heat oil and saute jeera.
further add onions, ginger-garlic paste and green chilli. saute well.
add besan and roast for a minute or 2.
further add mix vegetables and saute.
transfer to the food processor, also add coriander leaves, mint leaves and chopped cashews.
blend them coarse.
transfer into mixing bowl.
also add in boiled potato, spices, salt and lemon juice.
further add bread crumbs and mix well.
make a ball and insert into skewer and give shape.
roast the kebabs on hot tawa greased with oil.
rotate in between making sure all sides are roasted evenly.
finally, serve veg seek kebab along with shredded cabbage, onion rings and lime wedges.
How to make Vegetarian Seekh Kabab Recipe
- Start preparing Baked Vegetarian Seekh Kabab Recipe by preheating oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Grease a baking tray with oil.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add jeera and saute until fragrant.
- Add green chillies and saute for a minute. Add carrot and saute for one 2-3 minutes.
- Add French beans, cabbage and green peas and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add turmeric powder, mix well and cook till it combines.
- Transfer this mixture into a mixture into a mixer jar and grind coarsely. Set aside.
- Add gram flour in the same pan and sauté until fragrant. Add cashew nut powder and sauté.
- Reduce heat, add ground vegetables, mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes till the raw smell disappears. Transfer this mixture into a bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs, salt, crushed peppercorns and cardamom powder. Add garam masala powder, potato and mix well.
- Divide this mixture into large equal portions and wrap them around in the shape of satay sticks tightly to get a seekh kabab.
- Place the sticks on the greased baking tray and put the tray in preheated oven.
- Cook the recipe for 10-12 minutes, turning twice to the other side every 4-5 minutes.
- Serve Vegetarian Seekh Kabab hot with lemon wedges and onion to make it a great party starter and appetiser.