Halwa is an easy yet very tasty traditional dessert which is very popular all over India. Whenever guests come to your house suddenly, you can make Halwa immediately, because there is no need for special ingredients to make it. Every work in India starts with sweet and halwa is very popular in it.
There are many types of Halwas like Gajar/Carrot Halwa, Suji/Semolina Halwa, Badam/Almond and the list is never-ending. Today, we will tell you how to make Walnut Halwa at home.
Walnut pudding/Halwa is not only nutritious, but omega-3 fatty acids present in it also keep you young. So if you always want to remain young and healthy for longer time then definitely try our recipe. So let us learn how to make Akhrot/Walnut halwa by following this step by step recipe today.
Delicious Walnut Halwa Recipe
- For how many people: 4
- Preparation time: 05 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
- Difficulty Level: Medium
- Walnut- 2 Cups
- Almond, Cashew, Pistachio- Half Cup
- Milk – 500ml
- Khoya- 1 cup
- Sugar -1 cup
- Ghee – As needed
- Cardamom powder- Half teaspoon
- Saffron – A pinch
Step By Step Recipe
* Soak the walnuts and other dry fruits in warm water for 15 minutes or for 2 hours in normal water.
* Strain the water and allow the dry fruits to dry. Now grind them in a mixer. (You can also directly roast them in a pan.)
* Boil the milk and add saffron, cardamom powder and sugar into it.
* Let it cool down.
* Now put ghee in a pan and turn the gas in medium flame. Then add khoya cook it untill its rawness is removed.
* Now add boiled milk and dry fruits mixture in it.
* Cook on medium flame for 10 minutes. Keep stirring continuously.
* Serve the pudding with cashew nuts, pistachios and almonds.
We Hope You Liked This Recipe!
Watch Video: Walnut Halwa
Want to share your views about this article? Post your comments in the discussion board below, we would love to hear your thoughts.