The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the 37th India International Trade Fair (IITF) – 2017, on November 14, 2017, at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. He spoke about the introduction of GST that it is a milestone and the new regime has reduced barriers between states, creating a more formal economy.
With the theme “Start-up Standup”, the 37th India International Trade Fair (IITF) is all set to flag-off on Tuesday with around 22 countries and 3,000 domestic and foreign companies as participants.
The partner country for the fair in 2017 is Vietnam, and the focus country is Kyrgyzstan.
People will have to get their tickets in advance either online or at Metro stations, as the number of visitors per day has been capped at 60,000. There will be no ticket sales at the gates of Pragati Maidan.
“For the first time this year, there will be no tickets sold at the gates of Pragati Maidan,” said Sanjay Vashistha, the deputy manager (PR) at ITPO.
Last year, the average footfall was around 1.5 lakh people per day. This year, however, the number of visitors has been capped in view of the restricted space available to organise the mega event. Several pavilions at the Pragati Maidan have been demolished to make way for the massive revamp of the venue, which includes the construction of an Integrated Exhibition cum Convention Centre (IECC).
All you need to know about the fair this year
- The theme of the fair is “Startup India Standup India”. Vietnam is partner country, while Kyrgyzstan is focus country for this edition of fair and Jharkhand is participating as partner state in the event
- There are 3,000 exhibitors, including 222 companies from abroad, who are participating and thirty-two of India’s states and union territories are represented at IITF 2017
- Institutions that are present in the fair, range from self-help groups to big business houses, and from small and medium manufacturing enterprises to digital start-ups
- Some buildings, including the Hall of Nations and all state pavilions, have been demolished for the construction of modern international exhibition-cum-convention centre. From over 1 lakh square metres, the area has been reduced to about 55,000 sqm this time
- The number of security personnel have not been reduced and more CCTV cameras have been installed.
- Business Visitors: 14-17th November 2017(9:30- 7:30 pm)
- Rs. 500/- Per Visitor
- General Visitors: 18-27th November 2017(9:30- 7:30 pm)
- Monday to Friday (weeks Days)
- Rs. 60/- Per Adult
- Rs. 40/- Per (Age 5-12 years) Children
- Saturdays / Sundays / Holidays
- Rs. 120/- Per Adult
- Rs. 60/- Per (Age 5-12 years) Children