Who doesn’t know about cashew nuts? We call them Kaju in India. Contrary to the popular belief that it can make you gain fat, a considerable amount of cashews in your diet can provide you with many health and skin benefits. Cashews are known as acne-fighting nutrients. These nuts are high in selenium, which acts as an antioxidant with vitamin E, leaving a hydrated skin and reduced inflammation.
It is also a great source of zin , proteins and antioxidants thereby helping your skin remain healthy and wrinkle free. It also helps in prevention of skin cancer.
Today, in this article, we will discuss how cashew and its oil help you get beautiful and healthy skin!
Nutritional Value of Cashews
* Rich in Vitamins including Vitamins E, C B1, B2, K and B6.
* Contain minerals including copper, phosphorous, zinc, magnesium, iron and selenium
* Rich in antioxidants
* Contains high quantities of protein
* Rich in dietary fiber and Omega 3 Fatty Acids
* Benefits of Cashews for Skin
* Antioxidants in cashews purify blood and add a glow to the skin
* The oil is rich in zinc, magnesium, iron, selenium and phosphorous.
* Helps in the production of melanin
* Prevents from dermatitis: Niacin found in Cashew nut inhibits from the skin disease called as dermatitis or pellagra.
* Promotes utilization of iron: As this nut boosts the elimination of free radicals, utilization of iron in your body, production of hair and skin pigment called melanin, maintenance of connective tissue, it makes your wrinkles free and skin healthy.
* Rejuvenates skin: Particularly, its copper content maintains the skin rejuvenate, healthy and glowing by combating with the free radicals as well as removing pigments.
* Prevents from skin cancer: Kaju inhibits from the basal cell carcinoma, one type of skin cancer.
* The presence of zinc promotes immune function for healing and cell growth that can renew and replenish infected or damaged acne zones.
* Cashew nut oil is rich in selenium, zinc, magnesium, iron and phosphorous. Also, they are great sources of phytochemicals, proteins and antioxidants. The high percentage of selenium in cashews is not only good for your skin but helps prevent cancer as well.
Cashew Tips (Home Remedy) for Skin
Add 4 walnuts, 2 cashews 2 teaspoons oats, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon cream, and 4 drops of olive oil in a blender.
Blend well to make a smooth paste.
Apply it on your face and let it dry completely. Wash with warm water, while massaging in a circular motion.
This face mask is a great way to keep the facial skin moisturised and delay the onset of wrinkles.
The information contained in the post is for general purpose only and shouldn’t be considered as a medical advice or as an alternative to medical advice. Although we’ve tried my best to keep the information contained in this post as accurate and updated as possible, but we make no guarantee of the accurateness of the same.
P.S- Consider sharing this post, if you find it useful and/or interesting
Source- Internet and Research!